PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)?
- their families
- their carers
Officers from PALS are available in all hospitals.
How can PALS help?
PALS provides help in many ways. For example, it can:
- help you with health-related questions
- help resolve concerns or problems when you’re using the NHS
- tell you how to get more involved in your own healthcare
PALS can give you information about:
- the NHS
- the NHS complaints procedure, including how to get independent help if you want to make a complaint
- support groups outside the NHS
PALS also helps to improve the NHS by listening to your concerns and suggestions. For more information, see the PALS website.
How do I contact my nearest PALS?
You can find your nearest PALS office online by:
You can also ask your GP surgery or hospital for details of your nearest PALS. Or you can phone NHS Direct on 0845 4647.